Hi! I'm Viveret, a Software Developer at StackOverflow.I spend most of my time developing software, but I also have a passion empowering students by teaching math and science. I also do consulting work on the side.
Overview of Relevant Past Exprience
My time at StackOverflow has given me insight into tech industry jobs and how to navigate career paths.
At McKinstry I built software for building and skyscraper engineers to design buildings, and part of that involved creating and running workshops for them to learn basic computer science concepts as well as how data and software work together.
In college and university I tutored students of various ages and career paths in computer science, software, and mathematics. I have also guided students through career choices.
Are you a student or self learner looking for help on a specific concept or learning path?
- On college / university campus: open hours for students to get assistance on assigned work or theory.
- Off campus: private tutoring for youth, young adults, and adults entering the tech / computer science field or are students attending college / university.
- Subjects: programming (see my resume), computer science (from basic concepts to expert level, or specific concepts), math (algebra, trig, calculus I-IV, statistics).
- Remote Options: I tutor remotely! I prefer to use Google Hangouts.
- Constraints: Public spaces only, for an hour to a few hours. I don't tutor for more than 3 hours a day, and I won't tutor in a private space until we build enough trust.
Looking to advance your skills or learn something new? I've guided numerous students through:
- Setting professional, technical, and personal goals, and how to achieve them (hint: be SMART about it)
- Learning how to learn, and how to learn on one's own
- How to brand and present a professional online identity
- Making sense of software / computer science career paths (hint: sky's the limit)
My experience with large software systems for business and engineering has given me the experience of how to:
- Explain technology in various ways so that abstract concepts become tangible ideas
- Transform general requirements or acceptance criteria into specifications
- Give an expert review on specifications, tech stacks, APIs, or ideas
- Contract work for small projects, as well as lead small teams